- Make sure you take pictures at the scene of the accident before anything else happens if you can.
- Begin keeping a diary related to your injuries. Write down what pain you feel specifically, and for how long. Write down all the activities you can’t participate in or daily tasks you need help with because of your injuries. Months alter when the pain is gone (hopefully) its easy to forget about these frustrating moments.
- Do not talk to other driver’s insurance company. They will send you information and call you for statements, decline.
- Do not sign any papers that the other insurance company sends you. Remember for 3 and 4 that the other drivers insurance company is not working in your best interest.
- Send all correspondence from anyone or any company including your own insurance company to a lawyer. A lawyer is only person who is actually and legally completely on your side after an accident. A win for you is a win for them.
Contributed by Laura Martin