Personal Injury Attorney's Blog

RSS Get Personal Injury RSS Feeds

Can I Get My Lost Wages Paid After a Car Accident? Dedham, Boston, MA

Joseph Coupal - Friday, July 31, 2015

By Neil Crowley

If, as a result of the car accident, you suffer injuries that prevent you from performing your work-related duties, you may be entitled to be reimbursed for a portion of your actual lost wages under the applicable Personal Injury Protection (P.I.P.) portion of your own policy. You may recover up to 75% of your lost wages, provided: (1) you were not paid during your absence from work; and (2) your $8,000 in P.I.P. benefits were not exhausted by the payment of medical bills. Remember that the $8,000 available under P.I.P. includes payment of medical bills and lost wages, unless additional “Medical Payments” coverage is available. You will need two items in order to collect your lost wage: 1. A disability note from your medical provider and; 2. a lost wage form completed by your employer which outlines the amount of wages lost.

There are tricky exceptions to this portion of the auto insurance policy. If you have questions regarding lost wages, contact Brooks & Crowley, LLP at 781-277-7321 or visit

[view google map]

Brooks & Crowley LLP serves clients throughout Massachusetts, and has offices in Dedham, Boston and Norwell

Main Office:

Brooks & Crowley LLP.
439 Washington Street,
Dedham, MA 02026

Tel. 781-277-7321 | Fax 800-625-9021

Boston Office:

Brooks & Crowley LLP
112 Water Street
Boston, MA 02109

Tel. 781-277-7321 | Fax 800-625-9021

Norwell Office:

Brooks & Crowley LLP
320 Washington Street
Norwell, MA 02061

Tel. 781-277-7321 | Fax 800-625-9021


© Copyright 2020 Brooks and Crowley | All rights reserved. | Sitemap | Legal | Contact |

Web/Marketing created and maintained by WSI PRO Marketing.