If, as a result of the car accident, you suffer injuries that prevent you from performing your work-related duties, you may be entitled to be reimbursed for a portion of your actual lost wages under the applicable Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your own policy. You may recover up to 75% of your lost wages, provided:

  1. You were not paid during your absence from work
  2. Your $8,000 in PIP benefits were not exhausted by the payment of medical bills 

Remember that the $8,000 available under PIP includes payment of medical bills and lost wages, unless additional “Medical Payments” coverage is available. You will need two items in order to collect your lost wage: a disability note from your medical provider and a lost wage form completed by your employer which outlines the amount of wages lost.

There are tricky exceptions to this portion of the auto insurance policy. If you have questions regarding lost wages, contact us today.

Neil P. Crowley
Personal injury attorney for vehicle and construction accident, premises liability and wrongful death cases.
Post A Comment